Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Thank you, Moustache Artist!

You may recall that I recently blogged about the mysterious Moustache Artist. And I'm sure it's no surprise that I continue to be on the hunt for new moustaches (even at other subway stations) because I love them so much.

This morning was totally normal - I caught the B62 with my usual driver and arrived in Vernon-Jackson without incident. A 7 Train was pulling in as I entered the turnstile, and while I normally like to get as far up on the platform as possible, I walked slower than usual, checking for new subway posters and new 'moustaches' along the way.

I immediately noticed a young man taking a photo of the subway poster with the little kid with the moustache. I already have that one, of course, but it was nice to see other people appreciate the work. Then, right next to it, I noticed a new poster - and the woman in poster had a 'moustache'. With the 7 Train already in the station, I quickly snapped a photo of the poster - literally with only a second to spare - and then turned around to board the 7 Train.

I never inspected the photo any further. That is, until right now...

I just downloaded today's photos and am quickly looking through them to decide what to upload tonight. And that's when I saw it. Something so incredible that in my excitement I startled my cat - Something I didn't notice in my haste this morning.

Look at this!!

The Moustache Artist left me a present!!!

Holy. Effing. Crap! Did you see that? Did you SEE THAT?! There's a BitchCakes moustache!!! I didn't even look at the guy in the poster this morning when I snapped the photo or I would have squealed in the subway station! I hope it's still there tomorrow because I want a photo *with* it, even if I miss a 7 Train because of it.

That is so freaking awesome, I can't stand it! (And in case my readers are wondering: No, I have NO IDEA who the artist is!!)

Thank you, Moustache Artist! It's an honor to be featured in your work and I'm so glad you found my blog! You rule!!! Keep up the great work!

xoxo
*Bitch Cakes*

22 comments:

Kimberley said...

This is super-duper, extra freak-a-liciously cool!!!

*Bitch Cakes* said...

I can't stop looking at it! It's amazing!!!

The Lady in Red said...

Holy fucking SHIT! That is awesome!

myself said...

that is totally fabulous, what a riot!!!

Ann said...

OMFSM!! So effing awesome, you are totally my hero!

Ann said...

OMFSM!! So effing awesome, you are totally my hero!

Diana said...

That is so cool! I, too, love those moustaches and still plan to compose a triptych. :)

Amanda said...

Hee! Okay, that's just beyond cool!

Vicki said...

Fabulous, fabulous, fabulous.

Jessica said...

I'm so excited for you, I'm chattering excitedly to my husband who has NO IDEA what I'm talking about LMAO!!!

She answers to Layla said...

i am so thrilled for you!!!
what a huge awesome honor!!!
i can imagine your squeal, as i did just the thing when i saw the photo, before even reading your blog!
oh how fun!!!!!

Merseytart said...

AMAZING.

Sarah said...

Neat!

Krystal said...

I want to squeal *for* you but I can't 'cause I'll wake the babies! Squeeeee! How exciting!

Suburban Guy said...

You see, the Mustache artist just visualized what all us readers have known for a while, BitchCakes Rocks!

Rosa said...

Coming from your weightloss blog, and that is cool. It is a great tribute to your great blogs. Sweet!

lgw said...

i can't believe you missed this at first glance. i saw it immediately and laughed so hard thinking that perhaps YOU might be the mustache artiste.

what a nice shout-out to you

lucky girl!

Michelle said...

I LOVE this! This is totally awesome!!!

sunshine! said...

That's incredible!

nycgirl0501 said...

That is SO AWESOME! I will have to be on the lookout for the artwork in Queens. You're famous! But we already knew that :)

What a nice thing to do!

cinemarie said...

OMG this is so cool!! I am squealing right now lol :)

Heather said...

That is entirely too awesome! I just let out a little squeal on your behalf. My employees now think I am completely insane. ;)