Since crowning myself Miss Grand Central, the media has swarmed in on me! Well I guess that's a bit of an exaggeration, but two sites did pick up my post...
I'd like to thank Crushable for not only writing about me and linking to the post, but interviewing me too (it's a pretty fantastic interview if I may say so myself).
Also, in case any of you wandered over here from those sites or are fairly new readers, I just wanted to point out a few more things about my love affair with Grand Central Terminal that you may not know:
- I photograph it often. Here's my Flickr set of photos of Grand Central.
- I am a bit bathroom obsessed and I eagerly awaited the opening of the refurbished downstairs bathroom. When it was finally revealed, I blogged a review.
- And when the upstairs bathroom was redone, I not only blogged about that too, but that has become my favorite bathroom - the one where I take my (nearly) daily photo.
- I blogged about the Whispering Gallery aka Whispering Corners outside of the Oyster Bar (yes, they really work!)
- I met TV celebrity, and World Champion, Judah Friedlander in Grand Central.
- I once was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to visit and walk on the glass walkway with my favorite Metro North conductor, Anthony.
- And prepare to be very jealous: I managed to score one of the best birthday gifts ever last year - a mini photoshoot and personal tour of Grand Central Terminal with Dan Brucker. (yes, I am ten pounds heavier in those photos) I somehow (looks? personality? luck? probably all three) scored that super secret tour of parts of Grand Central that very few people ever get to see!
One last thing - call me a hopeless romantic - but if I am ever proposed to again, I want it to be in Grand Central Terminal (as opposed to the first time, when it happened in the front seat of my 92 Jetta in front of the courthouse in downtown Brooklyn. Tres romantic!). Of course I will have to find someone worthy of dating me first. But yeah, that's my fantasy. A girl can dream...